Sunday, July 25, 2010

[palo alto/the once and future king.]

i spent the weekend traveling along the coast, exercising various favorable habits--shopping for jewelry and vintage knick-knacks, visiting my younger sister, and reading.

i purchased a tibetan prayer bracelet from a woman named norzin.

my time with the little one in northern california filled me to the brim. palo alto reminds me of all the good things.

i'm making my way through the once and future king, the story of king arthur and merlin, which has been an enthralling adventure truth be told. regardless of my familiarity with the story, by virtue of its retelling throughout human history, it comes to me somehow new and unadulterated.

t.h. white has a way of stringing together words and syllables:

"the passion of nocturnal secrecy was a wine in his blood."

or

"they went in a dream, unguided by owl's hoot or bat's squeak, but only kept together by the necessary pace which the sleeping forest imposed on them."


i'm hoping you're all well.

love,
your favorite fish

No comments:

Post a Comment