Saturday, July 10, 2010

[when it began.]

finding boredom in the insuperable grip of my post-graduation summer, with the support of professors at vassar, close friends, and sheer personal agency, i made weight of my desires to write.

reflecting on the amount of time that i spent foot-loosing about on the internet (shamelessly a child of the modern era) "blogging", as it is so delightfully called, seemed a worthy outlet.

with regards to the content, i will follow the force of my most insistent habit and have it be a collection.

when i was young, i used to hide small treasures--bits of colored glass, corners of marbled tile--in the curtains of my canopy bed and in the soil beneath the hilltop jacaranda. i used to press them into the earth besides the mighty shining pill bugs ("rolling polys") that i gathered as prehistoric charcoal gems. it wasn't until i was a bit older, and one of the eggs that i had kept in hopes of it hatching began to rot in my desk drawer, that i realized how unsanitary and outgrown my hobby had become.

haha

so i've since used social networking sites such as facebook and twitter to harbor the treasures of my days, be it songs, pictures, or brief observations of the world. so this blog is what that will be, but with a more substantial literary base.

i cannot make any promises about the frequency of my posts. i can only promise that each post will be inspired.

i don't even know if anyone will read this.

"who do i write for? perhaps the same person children do when they write their name in the snow." -margaret atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment